ON Semiconductor Staff Design Engineer in Shanghai, China
Definition, modeling, design, and verification of highly integrated power-management ICs such as DC-DC converters, LED drivers, linear regulators, and other types of analog/mixed-signal ASICs. Ability to work at any level of the design is absolutely essential.
Implement full-featured behavioral models of complex analog/mixed-signal ICs.
Interface with test, product, and applications engineering to drive the design to a successful production release.
Provide technical leadership including mentoring less senior members of design team, contract design resources, and layout supervision.
Assist in silicon validation and lead troubleshooting efforts to root out unintended circuit behavior through simulation, FIB, and intensive laboratory debugging.
Close collaboration with product definition and system architecture groups.
● BS with 5 years or MS/PhD with 3 years of analog mixed-signal design experience preferably in the power-management application area.
● 5 years of analog, mixed-signal IC design experience encompassing diverse areas such as:
ú DC-DC conversion: switch-mode or linear regulators
ú Continuous and discrete-time analog integrated filters
ú I/O interfaces
ú Analog test (DFT) interfaces
● Proven track record of technical leadership including multiple products taken from specification through design, release, volume manufacturing, and field support.
● Detailed knowledge of power conversion architectures and analytical methods highly desirable.
● System modeling skills in SIMPLIS or Matlab highly desirable.
● CAD tools:
ú Must be familiar with Cadence Virtuoso CAD tool suite: schematic, layout, simulation and verification.
ú Must be experienced with top-down analog behavioral modeling methodology including fluent use of Verilog-A/AMS as appropriate.
ú Skill in design automation tools and scripting environments is essential.
ú Familiarity with Verilog and digital design and verification is a plus.
Title: Staff Design Engineer
Requisition ID: 1704447
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.