ON Semiconductor Discrete Modeling Engineer in Shanghai, China
ON Semiconductor is looking for a highly motivated engineer to work in the power electronic Discrete Modeling group. The candidate will be responsible for physically based, scalable SPICE model development for advanced power discrete semiconductor devices. Technologies supported include Trench MOSFETs, SuperJunction MOSFETs, SiC MOSFETs, GaN HEMTs, Trench IGBTs, and Si and SiC Diodes. The candidate will closely interact with process development engineers, power system/circuit designers, applications engineers, and technical marketing. The Discrete Modeling group is a worldwide team, thus the candidate will work with colleagues in the USA, Europe, and South Korea. ON Semiconductor is considered the industry leader in discrete modeling. The Discrete Modeling group continues to make exciting advances in new modeling technology. The candidate would join this very exciting and energetic environment.
● Develop physically based, scalable models for a wide range of power discrete technologies as outlined in the job description.
● Extract parameters for developed device SPICE models using ICCAP and other in-house software tool kits.
● Work with multiple SPICE like simulators including PSpice, Simetrix, LTspice, spectre, eldo, and ADS.
● Support new technology R&D through predictive modeling.
● Develop, evaluate and support implementation of new characterization and extraction methods.
● Contribute to a continual improvement environment including automation and scripting with Python.
● Document characterization and modeling work according to established procedures.
● MS Degree in Electrical Engineering/Physics with semiconductor emphasis plus 0-2 years of experience.
● In-depth understanding of semiconductor device physics
● Solid experience with SPICE simulation
● UNIX/LINUX experience is desired.
● Python programming experience is desired.
● Strong English communication capability
● Strong desire and capability to learn
● Excellent team player
● Previous experience with semiconductor device modeling for SPICE circuit simulation is a plus.
● Previous experience and understanding of power discrete technologies is a plus, however IC technologies is sufficient.
● Previous experience with TCAD tools is a plus.
Title: Discrete Modeling Engineer
Requisition ID: 1803895
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.