ON Semiconductor Facilities Maintenance Technician in Pocatello, Idaho
As a Plant Fluids and Gases (PF&G) Facilities Maintenance Technician, your primary responsibility will be the operations and maintenance of all PF&G facilities equipment and instrumentation systems required to support the operation of a semiconductor plant. The main focus of this position will be specialty gases and hazardous gas monitoring systems. This position will require performing daily inspection and operation of PF&G equipment to ensure systems are operating within specified parameters and responding to out of control and out of spec conditions. Along with these systems you will have the opportunity to learn, operate and maintain the wide variety of other PF&G equipment. This will include deionized & reverse osmosis water, chemical delivery, chemical collection, waste water treatment, bulk gases, fire alarm, and other facilities systems.
• Perform routine inspections and capture of pertinent information
• Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair process fluid and gas distribution equipment
• Handle and transport bulk chemical and specialty gas containers
• Change out of chemical containers and gas cylinders
• Waste water treatment
• Calibration of transmitters and/or sensors
• Review, revise, and create equipment specific operation and maintenance specifications
Facilities Technician positions are physically demanding with varying working conditions and requirements.
• Follow and adhere to established safety practices and programs
• Train and certify to site specific safety training programs and must accept the responsibility to maintain these certifications (Respirator, SCBA, Hazardous Materials Handling, LOTO, Ladder Safety, Fall Protection, PPE, Barricade Tape and various other site specific safety programs)
• Ability to work 12-hour compressed shift which can night shift
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment and be self-motivated and able to interface effectively with other groups
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal format
• Initiative and ability to follow-through on complicated technical problems
• Job knowledge and experience with high-pressure / process gases, fluid pumps, piping systems, control systems, electrical distribution, motor control centers, chemical handling, and ultrapure water
• Knowledge and skills of Instrumentation, PLC’s and VFD’s
• Minimum high School or GED
• Experience, training, and/or education that supports the function of the position
• Experience with Specialty Gas Systems.
• Experience in the Facilities Department of a Semiconductor facility.
• Associate Degree in Instrumentation / Electronics or Journeyman certificate of Electrical, or Mechanical Trade.
Applicants may be tested on their ability to meet these requirements and the use hand tools.
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.
Title: Facilities Maintenance Technician
Requisition ID: 1803473
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.