ON Semiconductor Entry Level Event Planner in Pocatello, Idaho
Seeking a self-directed, enthusiastic professional with proven experience in tradeshow & event planning. The ideal candidate is capable of developing and executing events that that drive sales and thought leadership. The candidate must be extremely detail oriented with the ability to drive cross functional teams. The individual should also be an excellent communicator who can lead in the development of tradeshow messaging and graphics and help to develop promotional materials including email campaigns, blogs, and social media content.
· Report to Marketing Communications Manager; work closely with campaign managers and business unit product marketing teams to develop event strategies and plans that drive awareness and demand for ON Semiconductor products
· Ensure all event deliverables including messaging, graphics, demos, and collateral are consistent with ON Semiconductor brand and broader marketing/business strategy; fully understand the ON Semiconductor value proposition to provide effective content and communication for different audiences
· Manage all logistics and deliverables for tradeshows including: booking booth & meeting space, registration, housing, packing & sending exhibition materials
· Work with vendors, e.g. exhibit suppliers and booth builders, printers, etc. to ensure timely, cost-effective execution
· Assist in creation and send of pre-show and post-show communications to internal and external audiences
· Track budget and expenses and assist in financial reconciliation.
· Ensure processing of show leads and distribution to sales team
· Maintain show schedules, project checklists and processes through exhibit management templates
· Define goals, monitor effectiveness and report the results of event; advise and implement recommendations based on those findings
- BA/BS Business Administration, Communications or Marketing or relevant experience
Experience in marketing communications
Background in event planning
Desired: PR experience, incl. media relations, press release writing, driving thought leadership activity, such as speaking engagements
Strong project management abilities; comfortable working independently and in teams to create and meet deadlines; capable of developing and managing a project plan, establishing priorities, working to deadlines and controlling a number of projects at various stages of work
Requires strong organizational and time-management skills, close attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities
Experienced in collaborating with all levels of management, with decisiveness and flexibility; excellent presentation and interpersonal skills across all levels of management
Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus, extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information
Willingness to roll up sleeves and get the job done
Proficiency with various e-mail, calendaring, meeting management, Microsoft Office and related communications software
Experience and passion for working in a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.
Job: Sales & Marketing
Title: Entry Level Event Planner
Requisition ID: 1801916
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.