ON Semiconductor Senior Applications Engineer in Muenchen, Delaware
Support the overall corporate design-in success of ON-products in the target application area, resulting in growing revenue, increasing market share and improved margin contribution.
Main focus is on proposing competitive system solutions to our customers using ON-products (discrete, ASSP, roadmap products), and on the definition of new products in close cooperation with the concerned BUs.
Provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, installation and maintenance of company products. Assist the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. Provide software development and consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation. May provide follow-up support to company sales staff and customer personnel by disseminating technical information on specific applications. Ensures that the product application/solution is functioning according to specifications.
• Solution Development (concept, hardware, software, PCB) for target applications with general support from different BUs.
• In close cooperation with the Application Engineering colleagues and sales staff, drive and/or support the creation and execution of high value application kits e.g. Reference Designs using different ON-components, or Reference Designs for an ON-component used in another than its original focus application.
• Support the BU’s in the creation of their product kits and proof of concept (product specific demo’s and evaluation kits for the target application of that product).
• Support the BU in defining the application specific tests and the definition of the test setup, and review/comment their application test results for the new products in development.
• Provide training on for Sales/FAE
• Support the creation of compelling system-level design-in applications collateral – articles, demos, technical keynotes and/or panel presentations.
• BS in electrical engineering required with systems experience.
• Must be proficient and knowledgeable in the following areas: system expertise (automotive preferred), application circuit design, reliability requirements, design for EMI/EMC, ESD, design for testability.
• PCB design tools – schematic capture, simulation, layout.
• Programming tools desired: embedded C, C# .net framework.
• Knowledge and experience in Linear ICs, mixed-mode ICs, power supply products, preferred in ON Semiconductor products.
• Active listening, open minded, analyzing, judging, influencing.
• Proficient communication (verbal and written) in German and English.
• Self-initiative, self-motivating, prepared to continue learning.
Title: Senior Applications Engineer
Requisition ID: 1706848
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.