ON Semiconductor MGR STAFF, PROJECT_TL in India, India
The Project Manager (PM) for Timing Products Business Unit of ON Semiconductor will be located in Bangalore, India and will co-ordinate, plan, lead, manage and drive-for-results on several concurrent New Product Development (NPD) projects. The products developed through these projects will include Redrivers, LVDS Clock buffers for Automotive and other applications as well as standard or custom/semicustom clock Integrated Circuit chips.
PM responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Work well in a matrix worldwide cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to help drive development projects from product conception, feasibility, development, sampling, qualification and final release to production and market.
• Develop project plans with clear scope, schedule, cost and quality goals, perform product, project and return on investment cost analysis, and also identify and mitigate major risks, barriers and issues in the project.
• Work with their teams to define the project success criteria and obtain buy-off from all project stakeholders.
• During project execution, PM measures, tracks and reports/presents progress-to-plan status to stakeholders.
• Controls and keeps the project on track. If deviation occurs from the approved project plan, the PM is expected to identify ways and means to bring the project back on track. If recovery is not possible after doing due diligence, the PM will follow the appropriate escalation paths.
• Responsible for acquiring/maintaining documentary compliance for all project phases per company Quality & NPD Stds.
• Responsible for preparing and maintaining all project related Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics and periodically reporting them to the Business Operations and Program Manager for the Business Unit.
• Strong background in the semiconductor industry with 2-5 years of hands-on experience in project management
• responsibilities such as project initiation, planning, team leadership, scope management, schedule management, cost
budgeting, risk management, procurement management etc
• Inspires confidence in project teams with their working knowledge of IC new product development flow. In addition,
must have demonstrable hands-on project management experience and also prior hands-on experience in at least two
functional areas ex. Design, Applications, Product Eng, Lab, ATE Test Eng, Manufacturing, Product Marketing etc
• Must be able to interface with global manufacturing facilities like foundries/fabs, Assembly sites, Test sites, vendors etc
• Must take ownership for project targets and results and accept appropriate responsibility and accountability
• Demonstrated ability to be assertive and challenge team(s) on methodology, approach, data and decisions as needed to
ensure project conformance to scope, schedule, and cost deliverables
• Must be able to work in a methodical, organized and meticulous manner with clear focus and strong attention to details
• Ability to proactively follow-up and close all open actions and risks on their projects
• Strong time, people and email management skills are essential
• Clarity in verbal and written communications and presentation skills is important
• Flexibility in work hours is very essential due to the global nature of the role and organization
• Must be able to think strategically and when required facilitate brainstorming, methodical root cause isolation and be
able to organize failure analysis activities
• Must be driven, self-motivated to succeed and work with a sense of urgency
• Must be able to positively influence without authority, their team members, peers and superiors
• Ability to negotiate and manage people conflicts and handle difficult team members
• Must have high tolerance and ability to work with limited or ambiguous information
• Must be willing to mentor, coach and help team members and peers succeed
• Must show maturity in handling accolades as well as fair criticism
• Education - minimum Bachelors in ECE or close equivalent (knowledge of semiconductor devices/integrated circuit
technology is a must)
• PMP certification is a plus, but not required
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools (MS Project, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Word, MS OneNote etc)
• Familiarity and/or strong working knowledge of Agile Product Portfolio Management tool and Sharepoint is a plus
Title: MGR STAFF, PROJECTTL_
Requisition ID: 1707502
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.