ON Semiconductor Design Tools Software Development Engineer Jr. in Bratislava, Saskatchewan
Develop state-of-the-art online Design Tools for ON Semiconductor. The design tools enable customers to rapidly create their designs online and shorten their time to market. These tools help ON Semiconductor business units and field sales and application engineering to effectively support customers, enhance our competitive standing, and aid the company to win more business.
To develop the Design Tools, you will be creating the backend, frontend and the databases. You will utilize the latest software and web technologies to create the leading-edge design tools. In this role you will get the opportunity to work on variety of software technologies, languages and platforms. You will get a chance work on the whole range: from architecting the solution to writing the backend and the frontend to creating the right user experience and deploying the application on the web. This role will give you a vantage point and visibility to interact ON Semiconductor business groups, interface with technical experts from different areas and work closely with customers.
Key Required Software Skills:
· Proficiency in creating web applications, web pages and the internet technologies.
· Strong understand of modern software design theory
· Proficiency in high-level object-oriented programming language like Java, C or C#.
· Knowledge of databases management and SQL
· Familiarity with platforms like Angular
· Familiarity with UX (user experience) and UI (user interface) development is a plus.
· Ability to measure and utilize web analytics
· Familiarity with modern software development practices like agile methodologies, test-driven development, revision control, JIRA/Confluence etc.
· Understanding of deploying code to the servers, load balancing and security
· Ability to architect complex software solutions
· Knowledge of scripting languages like PERL, Python is a plus.
· Familiarity with electronics and semiconductors; knowledge of power electronics is an extra bonus
· Exposure to computer-aided design software, design tools and simulation tools
· Mathematical modeling and numerical techniques
· Maturity to understand business needs and translate them into software tools
· Ability to mentor others, especially those who are not from software background
· Excited with the idea of using software to solve customer problems and grow ON Semiconductor business
· Sense of curiosity to explore new software technologies & desire to grow technically
· Strong desire to learn and advance and grow in software
· Ability to work in team environment
· Work with variety of customers, understand their needs and ability to communicate effectively
· Ability to interface with technical experts from different technical areas
· Self-driven, motivated, enthusiastic
· Good communication skills
Title: Design Tools Software Development Engineer Jr.
Requisition ID: 1802851
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.