ON Semiconductor Entry Level Software Engineer in Beaverton, Oregon
The position will involve developing software for a wide range of products and services using C/C , QML/Qt, RESTful interfaces, Mobile App, Databases and Cloud Services(React/NodeJS/Feathers.js) using the latest process and software development techniques. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic individual with strong desire to learn and advance the field of software engineering.
ON Semiconductor is seeking a self-driven and motivated software engineer to join the Solutions Engineering Center team. As a software engineer, you will have the opportunity to design and develop code for a wide range of software topics from embedded microcontroller to cloud services. The SEC Software team is fast paced, innovative and quality driven environment where Team is first.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Develop a wide range of software ranging from embedded to user interfaces accessing cloud services
• Understand and anticipate customer requirements and innovate around these requirements
• Participate and contribute in architecture and design discussions and decisions
• Agile and Test Driven development
• BSCS, preferred MSCS
•1-2 years C (11/14/17) development
• Strong understand of modern software design theory Microservices, Design Patterns, Data and Compute distribution techniques
• Event based development using one of the following: GMainLoop/GLib, Libev, Libevent, Libuv, Boost ASIO
• Intra and Inter process communication between threads and processes
• Databases: One or more of following: Mysql, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Couchbase, Sqlite3, Redis
• Development on Linux
• GitHub or Bitbucket Feature Branch and Pull Request development Methodologies
• Github personal project on contributions to open source project
• Proven desire to develop software outside school assignments
• Strong desire to learn and advance the field of software engineering
• Service/Server based development personal or professional (example: nodejs)
• Message Queues (AMQP) : one of the following. ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, Apache ActiveMQ, or other message queue.
• Databases. One or more of following: Mysql, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Couchbase, Sqlite3, Redis
• NOSQL. Understand and used NOSQL in a personal or professional project
• RESTful service interface use or design
• Cross compile/build to targets: ARM, Windows, Mac
Title: Entry Level Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 1802775
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.