ON Semiconductor Modeling Engineer in Shanghai, China
ON Semiconductor is looking for a highly motivated engineer to work in the Design Systems Technology organization as a Modeling & Characterization Engineer. You will be responsible for SPICE model extraction for advanced integrated semiconductor technologies. This will require close interaction with process development engineers and manufacturing fab personnel. The role also requires a close working relationship with engineers from other DST teams worldwide.to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip manufacturing.
The Successful Candidate will:
Extract device SPICE models using ICCAP, NoisePro, OrCAD, and other in-house software tool kits.
Work with our US and EU Lab to setup and perform electrical measurements on various devices.
Support technology R&D methodology from TD to Design Enablement.
Document characterization and modeling work according to established procedures.
Evaluate and support implementation of new characterization and modeling methods.
Guide and assist the development of test structures and characterization module frames.
Provide performance assessment and feedbacks for device development engineering.
Interface with PDK, Design Methodology, Design, Foundry and external customers to resolve characterization/modeling issues and improve characterization/modeling procedures.
Work jointly with modeling groups worldwide to perform characterization/modeling tasks.
Perform other tasks as may be from time to time assigned.
· BS Degree in Electrical Engineering/Physics/Material Science or related field plus 0-2 years of experience, MS preferred.
· In-depth understanding of semiconductor device physics.
· Solid knowledge in DC, AC, noise and RF characterization.
· Previous Design/Device fabrication/Process integration experience desired.
· Ability to utilize statistical techniques is required.
· UNIX/LINIX shell, PERL programming experience is desired.
· Strong English communication capability
· Strong learning capability
· Good team player
· Previous experience with layout design tools such as Cadence or Mentor is a plus.
· Previous experience with BCD technology design/simulation/modeling is a plus.
· Previous experience with TCAD tools is a plus.
· Previous experience with revision control systems such as CVS or Cliosoft is a plus.
Organization: 582 OU Fairchild Semiconductor Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd
Title: Modeling Engineer
Requisition ID: 1704402
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.