ON Semiconductor Principal, Automotive Imaging Applications Engineer in San Jose, California
As a Principal Automotive Imaging Applications Engineer you will be joining a world class team of customer facing viewing and machine vision product experts. You will be responsible for providing technical leadership and value to customers who integrate image sensor and system-on-a-chip solutions into their products, including automotive safety systems and automotive viewing applications. You will work to tune and validate image quality and optimize imaging performance for automotive reference designs, Tier 1 platforms, and module designs. You will also be responsible for supporting the field applications team in product design-in and design-win activities and providing a full set of technical documentation including application notes and data sheets.
**This position can be seated in San Jose, CA or Corvallis, OR
• Knowledge of image processing algorithms and their application to automotive imaging
• Understanding of HDR technology and how pixel parameters affect image quality
• Comfortable with imaging concepts such as color temperature, dark current, fixed pattern and temporal noise and how they impact image quality and/or tuning
• Direct experience supporting customer hardware is required.
• Candidate must have excellent presentation, communication, and writing skills.
• A self-starter and team player with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Commitment to timely support of internal and external customers, and to follow up on assigned action items.
** The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of experience in applications engineering for camera systems, image signal processing, or image sensor design.
• Familiarity with functional safety mechanisms for automotive imaging applications
• Experience with Ethernet protocols for automotive applications
• ISP color pipe tuning
• Experience of imaging analysis tools and scripting languages – e.g. Matlab, Python
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics or equivalent is required.
• Graduate Degree in related area is a plus.
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is an industry leading semiconductor manufacturer that offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, discrete and custom solutions. Products produced by the company help design engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, IoT, medical and military/aerospace. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions. For more information, visit http://www.onsemi.com at http://www.onsemi.com/ .
Organization: 140 OU Aptina, LLC (Under SCI)
Title: Principal, Automotive Imaging Applications Engineer
Location: CA-San Jose
Requisition ID: 1705175
Other Locations: US-MI-Livonia
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.