ON Semiconductor Custodian (C Shift) in Gresham, Oregon
This position is responsible for performing routine cleaning procedures and ensuring a clean and sanitary work area throughout ON's Gresham campus. Some positions will require cleaning of the class 100 and class 1000 clean rooms. Follow chemical usage directions and departmental procedures to clean, sanitize and maintain work areas to company standards.
Job duties will include:
• Perform general custodial duties, including emptying wastebaskets; cleaning walls and other surfaces; cleaning windows and mirrors; cleaning and sanitizing toilets, sinks, showers, and pools; filling dispensers; dusting, sweeping, stripping, waxing, and buffing floors; vacuuming and shampooing carpets; collecting and picking up litter and garbage; washing outside windows; collecting and bundling recyclable items.
• Follow chemical usage directions and departmental procedures to clean, sanitize and maintain work areas to company standards.
• Assure proper use of chemicals and equipment; follow departmental standards and procedures for handling infectious waste, recycling and trash disposal; and report needed repairs or potential hazards to management.
• Restock supplies to assure customer usage needs are satisfied and effectively use resources in a way that preserves equipment and uses supplies in a cost-effective fashion.
• Operate equipment such as vacuums, extractors, scrubbers, power washers, blowers, and small hand tools.
• Follow proper procedures in handling hazardous materials; keeping up with new maintenance and custodial techniques and products.
• Communicate with building users while performing custodial work and providing customer service.
• Perform general labor tasks, such as snow removal, exterior clean up, or projects in the Facilities; perform minor repairs, including changing light bulbs; clearing clogged drains and toilets; maintaining custodial equipment; reporting needed repairs and safety hazards to supervisor.
• Provide support for events, including setting up tables and chairs, assisting in moving equipment, setting up and taking down furniture and equipment.
chairs, assisting in moving equipment, setting up and taking down furniture and equipment.
• High School diploma or GED
• Ability to lift 20 pounds continuously
• Able to stand and walk majority of shift, and ability to lift, bend, reach and twist repetitively.
• Must be able to understand oral & written communications in English
• Ability to follow and complete a daily schedule and monitor work results
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers throughout the ON Gresham campus
• Ability to work harmoniously with other members of the Custodial Services team to ensure that all custodial needs are met
• Knowledge of custodial, janitorial or housekeeping practices
• Must have an understanding and experience of cleanroom protocol; cleaning procedures a plus.
• Must be flexible and able to change shift as business requirements change.
• Valid Oregon driver's license is preferred
SHIFT: Compressed “C” shift, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and e/o Wednesday - 12:30 PM - 12:30 AM.
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.
Organization: 151 OU Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC
Title: Custodian (C Shift)
Requisition ID: 1705462
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.